The Scandinavian Green Infrastructure Association (SGIA) together with the Norwegian Association for Green Infrastructure (NFGI) and The Municipality of Bærum, Norway has been awarded the honor of hosting the World Green Infrastructure Congress 2019.
Tentative dates set for WGIC 2019 are June 11th – 13th, 2019.
David Brasfield, Chairperson of SGIA, presented the bid for hosting WGIC 2019 at the World Green Infrastructure Network’s (WGIN) annual meeting in Berlin on June 19th. The Scandinavian bid for hosting in Bærum was prioritized over a well prepared bid from Singapore. WGIN’s choice was based on the expectation of knowledge dissemination and organizational benefits for Norway and Scandinavia and geographical considerations (WGIC 2018 will be held in Bangalore, India).
WGIC is the world’s premier international event for green infrastructure professionals. The WGIC held in Berlin in June 2017, for example, offered:
- More than 100 speakers from 20 different countries
- 49 exhibitors at the accompanying exhibition, in addition to poster presentations
- More than 800 registered participants from 44 countries
- Knowledge transfer on greening of buildings (greening of roofs, façades and indoor areas)
- Sharing of best practice examples – projects, policy and research
- Transfer of knowledge by industry experts from Germany and abroad in parallel
series of lectures and discussion rounds
- Networking. Meeting points. Access to stakeholders
- Interdisciplinary exchange of experience between city representatives, architects, city planners, urban water developers, industrial and property representatives, manufacturers, suppliers, researchers, associations, politicians and other stakeholders
- Guided visits to local green roof, wall and infrastructure projects
If your business or organization wishes to be formally included in planning or arranging WGIC 2019 in Bærum, Norway please contact SGRI Chairperson David Brasfield at firstname.lastname@example.org.