The Scandinavian Green Roof Prize has been awarded annually to the best green roof project in Scandinavia since the prize’s inception in 2000 as an initiative of The City of Malmö.
The prize tradition is intended to inspire the Scandinavian green roof market toward excellence and to raise public and professional awareness about the multiple benefits of green roofs. The prize acknowledges an organization’s or individual’s role in creating a green roof that raises the standard for quality and value in our field.
Green roof projects from all Scandinavian countries are eligible for nomination. The criteria for judging the winner of the award are:
- Biodiversity: The variety of plants species and animals, and specific design for habitat replication.
- Water: How the green roof utilizes rainwater and / or been part of the strategy for climate change adaptation.
- Recreational value: To which extent the green roof offers recreational values.
- Sustainability: Material selection that supports circular economy and does not include materials with a heavy environmental impact.
- Spectacular and innovative design, and / or multi-functional design concepts.
Nominations for the 2017 Green Roof Prize must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org using the template downloadable here no later than September 19th, 2017.
The 2017 award will be presented in conjunction with the BiodiverCity project’s concluding conference in Malmö November 22nd and 23rd, 2017.
Do you know of a green roof project that could be worthy of the 2017 prize? Please support green roof quality in Scandinavia by making a nomination!